- Photoshop CS (or higher) or any other image editing software (e.g. GIMP) that can deal with PSD and DDS file types.
- If your software does not support DDS files out of the box you need this plugin: https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop
- A bit of knowledge how to use Photoshop, GIMP or whatever software you chose.
- Official Paint Templates (Download Here)
- When working on a livery, I have my PSD and DDS opened together. Because I save often and do regular checks, it can save time to just flatten the PSD and paste the flattened layer into the DDS file, flatten again, and then save.
- Default size of the custom liveries DDS files is 1024x1024px. When using the above method, make sure you change the size of your DDS file to 4096x4096px for better quality (if your PC can handle it).
- CHROME & MATTE EFFECTS ARE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE IN CUSTOM LIVERIES!
- Use vector files (logos & sponsors) for better quality.
- A good start to find vector logos: Brands Of The World
- Most liveries from Project CARS can be used for Project CARS 2 as well. You can find them here. File names have been changed, so beware...